|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on August 18, 2020 at 12:05 AM||comments (0)|
The Art of Purpose: An Applied Arts Exhibit
Exhibit Dates: August 7 - 29, 2020
The Marion Cultural Alliance (MCA) has a new exhibit https://mcaocala.org/exhibits/" target="_blank">at the Brick: https://mcaocala.org/exhibits/" target="_blank">The Art of Purpose. The term "applied arts" is used in distinction to fine arts, which are those whose only purpose is to be beautiful and stimulate the intellect in some way. This exhibit focuses on artists who create original objects creatively designed with both aesthetics and function in mind
The prize winners were announced during the opening reception last Friday by our Executive Director, Jaye Baillie and exhibit judge, Suzy Heinbockel. Winning pieces are:
• Best of Show: Newy Fagan for her fused glass art piece titled "Caladium Vessel"
• First Place: Bill Blaes for his woodwork art piece titled "Bent Handled Tool Box"
• Second Place: Cookie Serletic for her ceramic art piece titled "Koi Fish Pond"
• Third Place: Kent Weakley for his woodwork art piece titled "Live Oak Chaos"
• Honorable Mentions: Cat Paus, Allan David and Connie Ferreira
Before visiting the show remember:
Masks are required. Social Distancing requested.
Capacity is limited to 40 guests at a time.
Questions? Please contact MCA Gallery Director, or call at 352-369-1500.
The Art of Purpose Exhibit is presented by Angie Lewis - State Farm Agent.
|Posted by email@example.com on August 10, 2020 at 10:50 AM||comments (0)|
The Brick City Center for the Arts and Marion Cultural Alliance current exhibition The Art of Purpose continues to August 28, 2020.
|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on June 25, 2020 at 12:55 AM||comments (0)|
Dimensions: H. 5", W. 14.5", L. 16"
Kiln formed glass. Hand manipulated.